Please see information on Home Insurance below.



Home insurance covers us for a range of purposes. Whether you're on your own, have a family, or you are in your older years, a homeowner, tenant or landlord there are insurance policies to cover you.

You might want to cover you and your family for accidental loss to your home contents – ideal for families with small children. Or, you might want to be covered for burglary.

You can even find policies to cover you when you're away from home – perfect for people who travel a lot.

What Types of Home Insurance are there?

  • Home and Contents Insurance

Standard home and contents insurance covers your home in case something unexpected happens – including storms, floods, fire, burst pipes, theft and damage. The majority of Irish citizens have some form of home and contents insurance.

  • Investor Home and Contents

This is a policy which covers landlords – they want to know that their property is insured while other people are living there.

  • Cover for People over 55

People over 55 (or similar age) are often offered a specialized policy on their home and contents. This policy will carry extra benefits which suit your age group, such as assistance to home assistance services or you might even be covered for hotel room contents while you're on holiday.

What Can I Cover?

You can cover yourself, your family and your home for many things, including:

  • Fire
  • Floods
  • Lightning
  • Riots and Civil Unrest
  • Tsunami
  • Burst pipes
  • Explosion
  • Earthquakes
  • Theft and damage from thieves
  • Breakage (windows etc)
  • Damage by pets

Extras might be spillages from wine on carpets and other 'superficial' damage, but this depends on the policy.

Where can I get Home Insurance?

There are many different insurance companies which offer home insurance in Ireland. They may offer special variations on basic home and contents insurance – so do have a look around. Use our comparison page for a quick reference of each one.

Which Cover is Right for Me?

Before you take a home and contents insurance policy, think about your personal circumstances. Are you at home a lot? Do you live alone or do you have a large young family? Are you of pensionable age and do you have pets? Are you away from home a lot?

You'll need a policy which suits you – there's no point going for cover which doesn't include your luxury goods, jewellery, paintings and so on if you are a high income family.


Please Note: www.whichwaytopay.ie is not authorised to give personal financial advice under the Republic of Ireland’s financial regulations.

All of the Links, textural data, and image data is provided for informational purposes only.

Click here to view our Disclaimer

News Charts

Everyone in this day in Age has some kind of gadget. lets hope its insured. gadget Insurance
23 August 2018
Which Way To Pay
Making sure our loved Gadgets are covered by gadget Insurance is a must.
As we all know our health is one of the most important things in life . So we need to make sure we are fully covered with the correct Health Insurance.
30 August 2016
Which Way To Pay
Health Insurance is a very important thing that everybody should think about , this also means taking the correct cover for your personal requirements.
New Product Range: Vehicle Loans
22 October 2015
Which Way To Pay
Check Out our latest new product range added to Which Way To Pay: Vehicle Loans

Register for newsletter